Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sunday

I've been spending a lot of time with a boy named Gary lately. On Sunday we decided to go for a drive up the canyon to see all the fall colors. Holy Smokes! It is so pretty up there! We went up the Alpine Loop and ended up at Cascade Springs. We could not have chosen a more beautiful day to go up there. It was warm and clear and fallish. I don't know why no one ever told me about Cascade Springs before now, because it's amazing. If you haven't been there, go.
Gary and I had really good intentions to get back in time for church at 1:00. We started heading back at like 12:20. But when we got to the road we were supposed to use to get back down Provo Canyon, it was blocked by police cars. If we went back the way we came it would take us another hour or so to get back. We were stuck in Heber. So we found the closest chapel and went to church...in our jeans. No, this was not my proudest moment. I was horrified to be in the chapel in anything less than my Sunday best, but I figure the Lord makes exceptions for extenuating circumstances. Gary and I had some good laughs about ourselves as we realized our situation. We fully expected to be invited to meet with the missionaries. But the nice members in Heber just asked us if we were visiting...so we explained.
So aside from the hilarity of the situation, I was really grateful it happened. I'm so glad that the Church is so consistent so that when I get lost in the mountains, all I have to do is look for a white steeple. And I love that our meetings all start at the same time. We knew that we could catch a Sacrament Meeting because it was 1:00. Yay for predictability and good planning!

2 comments:

Ash said...

And who is Gary missy?

LC said...

who is gary!