Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas and New Year's Highlights

Christmas
  • Spending time with my parents and little brother
  • Spending lots of time with Gary and his family
  • Sleeping in a queen size bed
  • Delicious food. Lots and lots of it.
  • Christmas decorations.
  • Wagon wheel cookies that turned into muffin sludge
  • Lots of work. About 35 hours a week.
  • Going to Temple Square with Gary
  • Seeing the Joseph Smith movie for the first time
  • Playing pool
  • Doing puzzles
  • Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Avatar with Uncle Bruce
  • My boss gave me a key to our store! Not really a promotion, but a vote of confidence
  • Hot springs
  • Ice castle
  • Shooting
  • Christmas presents
  • Pretty clothes
  • Sparkly jewelry
New Years
  • Driving to Mexico with Gary and his family
  • Getting to know his family better
  • Sharing a bed with Kristi the whole time...we became good friends
  • Sitting next to Gary for 12 hours
  • Realizing the Gary pees more than I do on road trips...I knew we were meant to be
  • Starting to like Dr. Pepper
  • Playing the Animal game for over an hour...who knew there were so many animals that start with the letter M?
  • Meeting Gary's good friends from El Paso
  • Chico's Tacos
  • Seeing where Gary grew up
  • Going to the ranch
  • Knowing what Gary is talking about now that I have been there
  • Ranch dogs...Willy was my favorite
  • Riding in the back of a pickup...sooooo cold!
  • Riding a horse
  • Wood-burning furnace
  • Time to read my book
  • Time for naps
  • Delicious food
  • Making Tamales
  • Shooting a 223 rifle...i think
  • Fall down the stack of hay bales
  • Winning at Risk
  • Finding old Indian pottery and amethysts
  • Tin foil dinners
  • Stopping in the middle of the Mexican desert to pee
  • Driving through Colonia Dublan
  • Eating 40-year-old freeze dried corn....not so much a highlight. But I can say I did it.
  • Hearing his family's funny stories
  • Getting a free back adjustment from Gary's neighbor in El Paso
  • Going to Juarez, the most dangerous city in the world...and surviving!
Basically my holiday was amazing. Very busy, but fun. I was so happy to spend all that time with Gary. I'm a lucky girl. And Christmas was soo great as well. I am so blessed with a wonderful family who has fun traditions. I loved this Christmas, even though our numbers were a little small. I missed Holly and Jenni and their families a lot. Next year, they're coming to our place! Hooray!

As if this post weren't long enough, here are a few pictures from my trip.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Natalie! I haven't seen you in forever! Looks like things are going great with Gary... I expect a phone call if anything happens :). Where are you working?

LC said...

busy busy girl. so fun nat. you sound like you have done some really neat, different, and exciting things in the past couple of months! i love it.

heidi said...

Not for any reason?! Please!! :) Nat you are so fabulous. Her name was Alaina. Go to adigitaldarkroom.blogspot.com

Camille said...

Sounds like TONS of fun!!